Vegetable and tofu stir-fry
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) toasted sesame oil
- 350 g (12 oz) plain firm tofu, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 250 ml (1 cup) shiitake mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) broccoli florets
- 1.5 L (6 cups) bean sprouts
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Thai basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can of 284 ml (10 oz) of baby corn
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soy or tamari sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a wok or in a large cooking pot, heat the vegetable oil and the sesame oil over high heat.
- Brown the diced tofu. Set aside on a plate.
- Over medium heat, lightly brown the red bell pepper, onions (white part only), mushrooms, garlic and broccoli.
- Add the bean sprouts and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the baby corn, the tofu and soy sauce. Stir.
- Heat for a few minutes.
- Garnish with the green part of the onions.
- Serve the vegetable stir-fry topped with toasted sesame seeds.