Smoked meat sandwiches
- 900 g (2 lb) good quality smoked meat, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) prepared mustard
- In a steamer or in a cooking pot with a steamer basket, pour about 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the meat in the steamer or steamer basket over the water. Cover.
- Heat for 10 minutes over high heat, lightly shaking the pot halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the meat and place it on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In the same pot, steam the slices of bread for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread some mustard on the bread.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions, assemble the sandwiches and cut them in half.
- Serve with dill pickles and cole slaw.