- 1 package of bamboo skewers
- 8 dried apricots
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) curry powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) turmeric
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 600 g (1 1/3 lb) ground pork
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut in pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut in pieces
- Soak the bamboo skewers in warm water for 15 minutes before using.
- Put the apricots and bay leaves in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let sit.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, onion, curry powder, turmeric, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the ground pork and mix well.
- Season generously.
- Divide the meat into 8 portions and make small football-shaped balls.
- Thread each skewer with one dried apricot, one bay leaf, followed by the meat and vegetables.
- Cook the sosaties on the barbecue for 8 to 10 minutes or according to their size.