Verde Meal Soup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken bouillon
- 750 ml (3 cups) frozen peas
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 200 ml (4/5 cup) shredded ham
- Strong cheddar, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion in the butter. Add the potato and bouillon. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the potato is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the peas and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from the burner and process with a hand-held blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Just before serving, garnish with the egg slices, shredded ham and strong cheddar. Season with pepper to taste.