Mediterranean marinated beef flank steak
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) black peppercorns, cracked
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 1 beef flank steak, about 700 g (1 1/2 lb)
- Fleur de sel
- In a bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Set aside.
- With a knife, score both sides of the flank steak with diamond-shaped cuts so the marinade flavours penetrate well.
- In a glass or ceramic dish, coat the meat well with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 12 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, or at least to 290°C (550°F).
- Cook the meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, covered, for rare.
- At the end of the cooking time, wrap in aluminum foil and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice across the grain.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Serve immediately, with a salad.