Steak sandwich with red wine and mushrooms
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 1 container, 250 g (8 oz), mushrooms, sliced
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) flour
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) beef stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 500 g (1 lb) sirloin beef steaks
- 8 slices of French bread or 4 slices of Belgian bread
- 4 slices of raclette cheese
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a pan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and brown the shallot and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle in the fl our and stir well.
- Gradually stir in the wine and then the beef stock.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until it thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Season the steaks and cook on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or according to the thickness of the steaks and desired doneness.
- In the meantime, grill the slices of bread.
- Cut the steaks to fit on each slice of bread.
- Top with the mushroom sauce and raclette cheese.
- Brown in the barbecue or oven.
- Serve with a green salad.