White fish, avocado, cilantro and lime tacos
- 1/2 red onion (small), thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) tomato flesh, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 400 g (13 oz) white fish filets, cut into 2 cm (3/4 in.) dice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) lime juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 soft corn tortillas (tacos)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) crème fraîche
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Boston lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, mix together all the ceviche ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
- Spread the tacos on the countertop.
- Brush with crème fraîche.
- Divide the Boston lettuce among the tacos.
- Top with the ceviche and garnish with avocado slices.
- Fold the tacos in half.
- Serve cold.