Beef tartare trio
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) beef (tenderloin or Boston-cut)
- 3 grey shallots, finely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- A few drops of Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dice the beef into 0.5-cm (1/4-in) cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Choose one of the three mixtures below and combine gently with the beef.
- In a saucepan, heat 125 ml of olive oil with two bay leaves, 5 ml of salt and one finely chopped grey shallot.
- Add 1 diced zucchini, 1 diced eggplant and 1 diced roasted pepper, then 15 ml of tomato paste.
- Mix and cover for 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a bowl, combine 30 ml of soy sauce, 15 ml of sesame oil and a pinch of ground ginger.
- Add 500 ml of puffed rice and stir to coat.
- Spread the rice on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a bowl, combine 250 ml of sliced baby dill pickles, 250 ml of chopped walnuts, 60 ml of chopped fresh dill and 30 ml of whole-grain mustard.