Salmon tartare with pineapple and puffed rice
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) sushi-quality salmon, diced
- 8 thin slices pineapple
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) puffed rice,* coarsely crushed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) yogurt
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the barbecue to high. Lightly oil the grill.
- Grill pineapple slices 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and caramelized. Let cool, then chop.
- In a bowl, delicately mix together all ingredients and serve immediately.
*You can substitute puffed rice for Panko bread crumbs.