Thin-crust asparagus and leek tart
- 454 g (1 lb) puff pastry
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large leek, white portion only, cleaned and quartered lengthwise
- 227 g (1/2 lb) asparagus, trimmed
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large skillet on high, heat the oil and sauté the leek for two minutes, until browned. Turn heat to low and continue cooking for another five to 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the asparagus and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry to a 23-cm x 23-cm (9-in x 9-in) square. Prick the pastry with a fork. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and pre-bake for 10 to 20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Distribute the filling over the dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan and continue baking in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with a salad or lamb's lettuce.