6 to 8
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) pumpkin purée
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can, 370 ml (12 oz), evaporated milk
- 1 pie shell, 23 cm (9 in.)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the pumpkin purée in a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and flour.
- Beat with a whisk.
- Stir in the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, molasses and egg.
- Add the condensed milk last, stirring gently to avoid creating air bubbles.
- Place the pie shell into a 23 cm (9 in.) pie plate.
- Lightly press the edges with your thumb to seal.
- Pour in the pumpkin mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the pie as is or with Chantilly cream (sweetened or flavoured whipped cream).