Spinach, cheddar and egg tartine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 package of fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Cook the spinach and green onions for a few minutes.
- Pat dry if needed.
- Wipe the skillet with paper towel.
- Add oil to the skillet and cook the eggs sunny side up.
- Toast the slices of bread in the toaster.
- Top each with the spinach mixture.
- Top each toast with a slice of cheddar and an egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a homemade vegetable soup.