Vegetable tian au gratin
- 3 Italian tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Italian eggplants (small and thin), sliced
- 1 large green zucchini, sliced
- 1 large yellow zucchini, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) Emmenthal cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a square oven-safe dish, place the vegetable slices in alternating layers.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the vegetables with the mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cook for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is nicely browned.