- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 1 bar of 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of white chocolate
- 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean
- 450 g (1 lb) mascarpone cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) candied orange, thinly diced
- 1 200 g (7 oz) pack of ladyfinger biscuits
- 250 ml (1 cup) very strong espresso
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) Cointreau
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- Whisk the cream until whipped and firm. Refrigerate.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double-boiler or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Grate the zest of the orange.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice out.
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape off the seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, place the mascarpone cheese, the sugar, egg yolks, vanilla seeds, the juice and zest of the orange, and the cubes of candied orange. Mix together until well combined.
- With a spatula, pour half of the whipped cream into the cheese mix.
- Fold the mix gently. Pour the other half into the cheese mix.
- Place half the biscuits in a 25 cm (9 in.) square pan.
- Pour evenly onto the layer of biscuits, following this order, half of the espresso, half of the Cointreau, half of the white chocolate, half of the cheese mix.
- Spread well all over the biscuit surface.
- Place the rest of the biscuits on top, and repeat the previous step with the rest of the espresso, Cointreau, chocolate, and cheese mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle cocoa powder over the tiramisu.