Crispy Tofu in Korean Sauce
For more information on this recipe, visit https://chefcookit.com/en
- 300 g tofu
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml ketchup
- 30 ml gochujang*
- 1 unit garlic clove
- 1 unit ginger
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 15 ml grilled sesame seeds
- 60 ml cornstarch
- 140 g basmati rice
- 2 unit green onion
- 0.5 unit english cucumber
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
* The gochujang paste is spicy.
- Cut the spring onions into sections, then slice lengthwise very thinly.
- Place in a bowl of water to make green onion curls.
- Chop the garlic and the ginger.
- Cut the cucumber into long slices.
- Bring a saucepan with 1.5 of water to a boil.
- Add the rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- In a deep skillet, on medium-high heat, add a generous drizzle of oil.
- In a bowl, break the tofu apart into bite size pieces.
- Mix with the corn starch and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the tofu pieces for 7-8 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the pan.
- Put on a paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix the gochujang paste, the ketchup, the garlic, the ginger, the soy sauce, the sesame oil and 10 g of sugar.
- Remove the oil from the pan.
- Put the tofu pieces back in the pan.
- Mix in with the sauce.
- Add the sesame seeds.
- Mix well.