Cheese tortellini with rosée sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) Italian pancetta (mild or strong), julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 or 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) tomato sauce (see “Eggplant Parmigiana” recipe)
- 500 g (1 lb) tortellini stuffed with cheese, fresh or frozen
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cooking cream
- Parmesan, grated
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Brown the pancetta.
- Remove the excess fat.
- Add the green onions, garlic and basil.
- Sweat for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini in salted boiling water. Drain.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave, heat the cream without boiling.
- Add the sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the tortellini. Stir gently.
- Divide between soup plates.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve.