- 454 g (1 lb) white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) coarsely ground almonds
- 750 ml (3 cups) grated potato
- 750 ml (3 cups) grated sweet potato
- 250 ml (1 cup) sauerkraut
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped parsley
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) allspice
- 2 x 400 g (1 lb) of pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 15 ml (1 tbsp) water
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms and leek in oil over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir well.
- Pour in the broth and let simmer for one minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl then add the remaining ingredients.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Divide the dough in four.
- Wrap each ball of dough in plastic.
- refrigerate for one hour.
- On a floured work surface, roll out two pastry balls.
- Fit them into two pie plates.
- Fill with stuffing.
- Roll out the remaining two pastry balls and cover each pie.
- With a knife, cut off any excess pastry.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Pierce the surface.
- bBush with the egg wash.
- Bake for one hour on the centre rack.