Hot artichoke dip
- 2 x 398-ml cans artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 226-g (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red pepper, cut brunoise-style
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olives (green or black), sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fine herbs (mix of basil, tarragon, chives, parsley, your choice), coarsely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a small bowl, combine all the garnish ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, set an electric hand mixer to high and beat the cream cheese for about 2 minutes until silky. Add the artichokes, lemon juice and zest, and half the Parmesan. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the dip to an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, and place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through. Then place under the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the olive mixture. Serve with crudités, corn chips or crackers.