Trout "en papillote"
- 2 trout fillets (about 800 g [1 3/4 lbs])
- 300 g (2/3 lb) chorizo, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) thinly sliced carrots
- 250 ml (1 cup) roasted salted cashews
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) minced grey shallots
- 10 ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Citrus wedges, as garnish
- Preheat the barbecue to medium.
- Prepare two sheets of aluminum foil and two sheets of parchment paper measuring 76 sq cm (30 sq in) each.
- In a bowl, combine the chorizo, carrots, cashews, shallots, paprika and a few coriander leaves. Add a splash of olive oil, and mix.
- Place a trout fillet, skin-side down, in the centre of each sheet of parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the chorizo preparation over the fillets and top each with three lemon slices.
- Close the parchment paper into well-sealed packets, wrap each in a sheet of aluminum foil, and cook on the barbecue for 20 minutes. Remove from the barbecue and let stand for five minutes.
- Serve accompanied by citrus wedges, remaining coriander leaves and, if desired, rice.