Avocado and shrimp verrines
- 250 ml (1 cup) Matane shrimp, drained and patted dry
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) crème fraîche
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red bell pepper, finely diced + a few strips for garnish
- 7 ml (1/2 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped + a few sprigs for garnish
- 7 ml (1/2 tbsp) chives, chopped
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 avocado, peeled and cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, gently mix the avocado with the lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- With a teaspoon, place half the avocado mixture at the bottom of the verrines.
- Add half the shrimp mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the avocado, and then the shrimp.
- Garnish with pepper strips and sprigs of dill.
- Serve as an appetizer or at a cocktail party.