Shredded duck vol-au-vent
- 625 mL (2 1/2 cups) béchamel sauce
- 2 duck thighs confit, shredded
- 5 mL (1 tsp) five-spice powder
- 250 mL (1 cup) water chestnuts, diced
- 500 mL (2 cups) snow peas, cut on the bias
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 6 store-bought vol-au-vent shells
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Basil leaves
- In a saucepan, warm the béchamel sauce, shredded duck, five-spice powder and water chestnuts over low heat for about five minutes.
- In another saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the snow peas and carrots for five minutes.
- Drain and add to the béchamel sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Fill each vol-au-vent shell with the mixture and garnish with basil leaves.