Clos des Fous Cauquenina 2015
The ambitious project that led to this wine can be summed up with a quest for extreme terroirs to plant vines on Chilean soil, while ignoring expert opinions. This journey started in 2007 and was a near crazy idea to some. It certainly presented its share of colossal challenges to the four partners, but in the end was a true success as revealed by this cuvee. The blend of Carignan, Carmenère, Malbec and Syrah emits flavours of eucalyptus, smoke, black fruits, spices and violet. This is an aromatic wine that will have you firing up the barbecue.
- Country Chile
- Region Del Sur, Valle del Itata
- Designation of origin Valle del Itata
- Regulated Designation Denominación de origen (DO)
- Grape varieties Carignan 36 %, Carmenere 23 %, Syrah 23 %, Malbec 18 %
- Degree of alcohol 14 %
- Sugar content 3.6 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Clos des Fous
- Promoting agent Noble Sélection
- SAQ code 12496082
- UPC code 07804640220032
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.