Gordo Monastrell Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
«A fabulous value from Patrick Mata» says Robert Parker. High up on the Yecla appellation zone, Monastrell vines planted in 1970 are grown organically. Blended with Cabernet Sauvignon, the mix is aged in two year-old casks for a period of three months. Named after his father's nickname, Gordo, the wine develops notes of maple, jammy black fruits, chocolate and violet in a well-structured mouth featuring marled tannins in the finale.
- Country Spain
- Region Côte Méditerranéenne
- Designation of origin Yecla
- Regulated Designation Denominación de origen (DO)
- Grape varieties Monastrell 70 %, Cabernet sauvignon 30 %
- Degree of alcohol 14 %
- Sugar content 4.8 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Cia de Vinos del Atlantico S.L.
- Promoting agent Vintrinsec
- SAQ code 12815362
- UPC code 08437013189590