Veal burgers with mango and goat cheese
- 600 g (1 1/3 lb) ground veal
- 250 ml (1 cup) cider vinegar
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) bread crumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) pepper
- 6 slices fresh or firm goat cheese
- 6 buns
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, Cayenne pepper and salt to a boil.
- Add the sliced mango and onion.
- Remove from heat, cover and let cool, about one hour. Drain. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the veal, bread-crumb mixture, egg, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Shape into six patties and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Grill the veal patties 4 minutes per side, place on a plate and garnish with a slice of cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Butter the buns and lightly grill.
- Place a pattie in each bun, and garnish with the marinated mango mixture and a lettuce leaf.