Standing cannelloni with beef and olives
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green pepper, diced
- 340 g (3/4 lb) roast beef, cut into small cubes
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) black olives, cut into big chunks
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomatoes, diced, including juice
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cooked lasagne noodles
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) herbes de Provence
- 100 g (3.5 oz) caciocavallo or pecorino cheese, grated
- In a very hot frying pan, sauté the shallot, pepper and beef in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add olives and tomatoes. Season. Let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lay out noodles on work table.
- Place 1/8 of the meat stuffing on each noodle.
- Roll noodles, ensuring stuffing stays inside.
- Place the cannelloni standing up in baking dish, keeping them close together to prevent them from unrolling.
- Pour sauce over cannelloni and sprinkle with herbes de Provence and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Serve.