Barbecue veal chops with sun-dried tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken broth
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) capers
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh sage, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 4 veal chops, about 250 g (1/2 lb) each, French trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and garlic.
- Brown for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the white wine and chicken broth.
- Let simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the capers, sage and pine nuts.
- Keep warm.
- Season the veal chops.
- Cook on the grill with the lid closed, for 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top the meat with the sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Serve with buttered tagliatelle and rapini.