Scampi with lime, ginger and herbs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) butter
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 24 scampi (16/20), butterflied
- Preheat the oven broiler, placing the rack in the middle.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and ginger over very low heat.
- When the butter has melted, reduce the heat to minimum.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Set aside.
- Place the scampi on a baking sheet and brush them with the ginger butter.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Drizzle lightly with butter.
- Broil in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until the flesh easily pulls away from the shell.
- Serve with the remaining butter in a sauce boat, accompanied by rice and tomatoes à la provençale.