Chicken, pineapple and serrano ham mini skewers
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 350 g (2/3 lb) chicken breast, boned, without the skin, and cut into 24 cubes of approximately 15 g (1/2 oz)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into 16 dice
- 8 slices of serrano ham, cut in half lengthwise
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to 200°C (400°F) or medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the mustard, maple syrup, pepper and tarragon.
- Set aside.
- Wrap each piece of pineapple in half a slice of ham.
- On each skewer, alternately thread 3 pieces of cubed chicken and 2 pieces of pineapple.
- Grill, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes and turn over.
- Brush with sauce and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Turn over and brush with sauce again.
- Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Brush with sauce one last time.
- Serve with basmati rice and zucchini à la provençale.