- 125 ml (1/2 cup) rhubarb jam
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 454 g (1 lb) homemade or store-bought pie pastry
- 1 egg yolk, beaten and mixed with 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- In a bowl, combine the jam and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough into a 60-cm x 25.5-cm (24-in x 10-in) rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 16 rectangles measuring 13 cm x 8 cm (5 in x 3 in).
- Evenly space 8 rectangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with the egg yolk.
- Place about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the jam mixture in the centre of each rectangle.
- Cover with another rectangle, pulling slightly with your hands.
- Seal the edges with a fork, brush with egg-yolk mixture and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the centre oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.