Honeydew melon and cucumber Margarita poptails
- 1 honeydew melon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tequila
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange liqueur (Triple Sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mint syrup
- 3 mint leaves
- Process the honeydew melon and cucumber in a food processor or blender for two minutes, until the mixture is a smooth purée.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and mint syrup and process for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and keep in the freezer for around two hours, or until popsicle sticks remain vertical when stuck into the poptails.
- After adding the sticks, put the moulds back into the freezer for at least 12 hours, until the poptails are well frozen.
- Unmould when ready to serve.
Alcohol resists freezing, and if the ratio of alcohol to the other ingredients is too high, the poptails will not set. This means it is very important to closely follow the quantities listed in the recipe so that the poptails will be truly frozen and will unmould successfully.