Ice cream sandwiches
- 375 ml (1 1 /2 cups) flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cocoa
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Toschi Fragoli wild strawberry liqueur
- 500 ml (2 cups) strawberry ice cream (about 60 ml per sandwich)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and strawberry liqueur.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Shape into 16 balls (about 1/4 cup each), place them on the baking sheets and lightly flatten.
- Bake on the middle rack, one baking sheet at a time, for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Let the ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on half the cookies, cover with another cookie and press lightly.
- Put the ice cream sandwiches immediately in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.