- 32 ladyfingers
- 500 ml (2 cups) raspberries (more for garnish)
- 500 ml (2 cups) raspberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) orange liqueur, optional (Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated, room temperature
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 450 g (1 lb) mascarpone*, room temperature
- Raspberry sauce: Toss ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée.
- Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream: In a bowl, beat egg yolks with half the sugar. Add cheese and whip until cream forms.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with the remaining sugar until firm peaks form. Delicately fold into the cream-cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Soak ladyfingers in the raspberry sauce for a few seconds then place them in a glass serving dish.
- Cover with half the cream.
- Spread half the whole raspberries over the cream.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries on top before serving.
* To keep cost down, substitute mascarpone for ricotta cheese.