Mercouri estate Refosco/ Mavrodaphné 2017
This estate was created in the 19th century when Theodore Mercouri brought northern Italian Refoso vines to Peloponnese, where the varietal grew in popularity and is now known as Mercouri. This red is a blend of said Refosco and Mavrodaphne, the traditional grape of the region, aged 10 months in French oak.
- Country Greece
- Region Peloponnese, Peloponnese
- Regulated Designation Protected geographical indication (PGI)
- Grape varieties Refosco 85 %, Mavrodaphné 15 %
- Degree of alcohol 14 %
- Sugar content 2.4 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Mercouri Estate SA
- Promoting agent Oenopole Inc.
- SAQ code 11885537
- UPC code 05203883000111