This cooperative, which had roughly 20 members when it was founded in 1965, has flourished, and now has 150 members, four of whom have been members since its founding. Scattered across Chianti, the vineyards cover a significant amount of territory in the Classico appellation. This wine's Riserva mention is the fruit of 24 months of aging in Slavonian barrels, followed by 12 months in oak casks and 3 months in bottles. This wine displays a lively and structured palate along with beautiful hints of cherry, cedar, cocoa, tobacco and vanilla.
- Country Italy
- Region Tuscany
- Designation of origin Chianti Classico
- Regulated Designation Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita (DOCG)
- Classification Classico riserva
- Grape variety Sangiovese 100 %
- Degree of alcohol 14 %
- Sugar content 2.6 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Castelli del Grevepesa S.c.a.
- Promoting agent Les Sélections François Fréchette
- SAQ code 13040941
- UPC code 00766181771947
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.
Deer burgers with barbecue sauce and Quebec cheesePreparation 15 minutesCooking time 13 minutes
Racks of lamb with rhubarb saucePreparation 15 minutesCooking time 25 minutes
Texas barbecue beef ribs with spiced rum saucePreparation 10 minutesCooking time 2 hours 15 minutes