Castello di Bolgheri Varvàra 2017
Detailed infoProduced outside of the traditional appellations in the 70’s, the Super Tuscans awoke a viticulture somewhat stuck in the past. Produced mostly from international varieties, these wines allow for Bordeaux-style blends like this red made of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Under a sustained hue, the bouquet reveals aromas of cocoa, mocha, oak and cherry in a heady and tannic mouth. Decant before serving or enjoy within the next five years.
- Country Italy
- Region Tuscany
- Designation of origin Bolgheri
- Regulated Designation DOP/DOC Denominazione di orgine controllata / protetta
- Grape varieties Cabernet sauvignon 60 %, Merlot 20 %, Cabernet franc 15 %, Petit verdot 5 %
- Degree of alcohol 14.5 %
- Sugar content 2.6 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Azienda Agricola Castello Di Bolgheri
- Promoting agent 9318-5825 Québec Inc.
- SAQ code 14152603
- UPC code 08051411702108