Gerhard Pittnauer was only 18 years old in the early 1980's when he took over family vines after his father's premature death. His learning curve was as fast as his decision making, which included a shift to biodynamic agriculture. The estate's parcels are located east of the country, at Hungary's doors, where daylight is the longest and winemaking is a long, 2000 year-old tradition. The estate's cuvees are decidedly modern. Case in point is the blend of Blaufränkisch, Zweigelt and Saint Laurent, featuring flavours of black fruits, spices, violet and vanilla, which melt into a fresh and supple mouth.
- Country Austria
- Region Burgenland
- Designation of origin Burgenland
- Regulated Designation Qualitätswein
- Grape varieties Blaufränkisch 50 %, Zweigelt 50 %
- Degree of alcohol 13.5 %
- Sugar content 2.3 g/L
- Color Red
- Special feature Organic product
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Weingut Pittnauer
- Promoting agent Sélection Rezin (vins)
- SAQ code 12411000
- UPC code 09120011734754
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.