Well before Mario Incisa della Rocchetta took Tuscany by storm with his Sassicaia, his family had been hard at work for centuries on the Piedmont hillsides of Monferrato. Where many estates alter the nature of Barbera with insufficient élevages, this domain brings out the purest expression of the grape in this cuvee named Valmorena. Produced in stainless steel vats, it is set apart by its fruity, floral and vegetal notes in a supple and refined mouth. Sublime with a rack of pork, tomatoes and herbs.
- Country Italy
- Region Piedmont
- Designation of origin Barbera d'Asti
- Regulated Designation Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita (DOCG)
- Grape variety Barbera 100 %
- Degree of alcohol 14.5 %
- Sugar content 3.4 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Azienda Agricola Marchesi Incisa della Rocchetta s.s. agricola
- Promoting agent Vins Balthazard Inc.
- SAQ code 12661480
- UPC code 08029836000352
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.
Italian sandwiches with pork, mozzarella, aragula and marinara saucePreparation 30 minutesCooking time 10 minutes
Vegetable tajinePreparation 25 minutesCooking time 25 minutes
Bison tartarePreparation 20 minutesCooking time 3 to 4 minutes