Media contacts and press releases
SAQ statement: Demonstrations underway near our Montreal and Quebec City warehouses
February 25, 2022
The SAQ informs its customers and business partners that demonstrations are currently being held near our Montreal and Quebec City warehouses. The demonstrators are not SAQ employees but rather unionized, CSN-affiliated paramedics who have decided to target our distribution centres.
The SAQ presents $931,590 to the Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ) network
February 24, 2022
Montreal, February 24, 2022 – Combining customers’ generous donations in recent months and a donation of its own, the SAQ is proud to give more than $930,000 to the FBQ to help it fight against food insecurity and support persons affected by these difficult times.
SAQ distribution centre employees approve the agreement in principle
December 18, 2021
The SAQ is pleased to announce that the agreement in principle reached on Tuesday, December 14, with the union representing the employees of its distribution centres was approved by a margin of 86.3% at union meetings held yesterday afternoon in Quebec City and this morning in Montreal.
Agreement in principle has been reached between the SAQ and STTSAQ union
December 14, 2021
Following the resumption of negotiations on Monday, December 13, we are pleased to announce that the SAQ and the STTSAQ union reached an agreement in principle this evening. The details of this agreement will be presented by the union to the employees of the distribution centres this Friday in Quebec City and this Saturday in Montreal.
The SAQ announces net income of $337.7 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2021-2022
December 10, 2021
For the first quarter of its 2021-2022 fiscal year, which ended on September 11, 2021, the SAQ reported net income of $337.7 million, up $26.7 million or 8.6% from the second quarter of the company’s preceding fiscal year. Dollar sales rose 7.8% to $928.1 million, while litre sales reached 55.8 million litres, a 3.7% increase.
Agreement in principle rejected by the employees of the Montreal and Quebec City distribution centres
December 6, 2021
The SAQ has just been informed that the employees of its Montreal and Quebec City distribution centres (STTSAQ) have rejected the agreement in principle reached on Monday, November 29 by 86%.
With the holiday season approaching, the SAQ launches a new Food Banks of Quebec campaign, from December 2 to 8, 2021
December 2, 2021
Montreal, December 2, 2021 – This December, more than 600,000 persons in need will turn to food banks for assistance. Between December 2 and 8, the SAQ will encourage customers to make a cash donation at checkout in support of the Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ) network across the province.
Sous le bouchon, the SAQ’s first podcast
November 11, 2021
The SAQ is launching its first-ever podcast today. Called Sous le bouchon, the podcast takes a unique, behind-the-scenes look at the beverage alcohol trade in Quebec. Through conversations with enthusiastic experts, it explores subjects related to the activities of one of the SAQ, one of the world’s top buyers of wine and spirits and a government corporation that has been serving Quebecers for a century.
The SAQ prepares to adjust prices in response to inflationary pressures and climate challenges
November 2, 2021
Next Sunday, November 7, the SAQ will implement a price increase averaging 1.66% on 1,332 products always found on SAQ shelves. The increase is attributable to the inflationary environment that is currently affecting the prices of many consumer goods.
Two new bridges incorporating recovered glass from the equivalent of 70,000 wine bottles: research and innovation recognized globally
October 19, 2021
The Ville de Montréal, Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) and Chaire SAQ de valorisation du verre dans les matériaux at the Université de Sherbrooke are pleased to announce that the project to build two Montréal bridges incorporating recovered glass has been chosen from among candidates worldwide to receive the prestigious 2021 Excellence in Concrete Construction Award in the Infrastructure category from the American Concrete Institute.
The SAQ presents more than $700,000 to the Food Banks of Quebec network
October 15, 2021
Between October 7 and 13 this year, the SAQ donated the equivalent of one meal for each Quebec product it sold. The company also encouraged customers to make a donation at checkout. The SAQ is pleased to announce that the initiative raised a total of $747,123 for the Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ) network.
For each Quebec product sold between October 7 and 13,
the SAQ will donate a meal to Food Banks of Quebec
October 7, 2021
The pandemic has made a number of Quebecers food insecure, a difficult reality that has led to a 30% increase in requests made to Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ). To support the FBQ, the SAQ is encouraging customers to show their solidarity by buying a local product between October 7 and 13, 2021. For each Quebec product sold, a meal will be donated to the FBQ.
The SAQ announces net income of $284 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2021-2022
August 30, 2021
For the first quarter of its 2021-2022 fiscal year, which ended on June 19, 2021, the SAQ reported net income of $284 million, up $40.5 million or 16.6% from the first quarter of the company’s preceding fiscal year. Dollar sales rose 8.3% to $832.2 million, while litre sales reached 52.2 million litres, a 3.6% increase. During the first quarter of fiscal 2020-2021, the introduction of various public health measures had an adverse impact on sales, partly explaining the increase in the quarter just ended.
Modernization of Quebec’s deposit-return system:
The SAQ is fully involved in the transition now under
August 17, 2021
The SAQ Dépôt in Terrebonne is one of seven pilot projects announced today
As announced on August 17, 2021 by the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, Benoît Charrette, the transition to a modernized deposit-return system has begun with the launch of seven pilot projects. The projects will test various types of recovery equipment.
As announced in May, the SAQ is adjusting some product prices to reflect higher freight charges
July 12, 2021
As stated in its May 18th news release, the SAQ will carry out an adjustment on the retail prices of 2,306 continuous replenishment and batch order products sold to consumers. The new prices will take effect on Sunday, July 18, 2021.
The SAQ announces net income of $1.219 billion for fiscal 2020-2021
June 9, 2021
The SAQ ended its 2020-2021 fiscal year on March 27, 2021, with net income of $1.219 billion, down $6.4 million or 0.5% from the preceding fiscal year. Dollar sales rose 2.9% to $3.590 billion, while litre sales reached 222.3 million litres, a 2.2% increase.
The SAQ limits price adjustments for its products
May 18, 2021
While consumer prices are rising sharply in some industries and the SAQ’s expenses are increasing as pressure from producers to hike prices is growing, the SAQ is negotiating doggedly to limit any price increases.
5-year investment in the SAQ Chair for the Valorization of Glass in Materials
April 14, 2021
The SAQ Chair for the Valorization of Glass in Materials, held by Arezki Tagnit-Hamou, Professor in the Faculty of Engineering of the Université de Sherbrooke (UdeS), can continue to count on the enthusiasm and contribution of its partners in work on the use of glass powder as an additive for concrete. UdeS and its main partner for the past 16 years, the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ), have announced new funding of five years for the Chair in partnership with Hydro-Québec, the Ville de Montréal, the Ville de Sherbrooke, Éco Entreprises Québec, Prodexim International, Techo-Bloc, and the UdeS Foundation. The Chair will therefore be able to draw from funding of approximately $2.4 million from 2020 to 2024.
SAQ raises more than $863,000 for the Food Banks of Quebec network
April 8, 2021
The SAQ’s first fundraising campaign of the year for the Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ) network was held from April 1 to 7 in its outlets and online via SAQ.com, with customers urged to purchase made-in-Quebec products and make a donation at checkout.
Quebec products in the spotlight to benefit Food Banks of Quebec
March 30, 2021
For the 12th edition of its campaign in support of Food Banks of Quebec (FBQ), the SAQ is encouraging customers to show their solidarity during this difficult time due to the health crisis by buying local products. From April 1 to 7, 2021, the SAQ will donate one meal to the FBQ for each Quebec product it sells.
Net income rises to $458.6 million in third quarter of fiscal 2020-2021
March 31, 2021
The SAQ today announced the results for the third quarter of its 2020-2021 fiscal year, which ended January 2, 2021. Compared with the third quarter of the preceding fiscal year, sales rose 3.9% to end the quarter at $1.267 billion. For their part, volume sales totalled 74.9 million litres, a 3.3% increase.
The SAQ expands its Montreal distribution centre
February 10, 2021
The Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) today announced that it will invest $48.5 million to expand its Montreal distribution centre. Construction of the 200,000 square foot expansion and installation of automated single order picking equipment will boost operational efficiency.
- WOW Customer Experience Index: the SAQ ranks first
- À la découverte de l'univers des gins (French only)
- Bonjour-Hi à la SAQ (French only)
- À temps pour la rentrée, la SAQ remet 375 573 $ au réseau des Banques alimentaires du Québec (BAQ) (French only)
- First quarter of 2019-2020: SAQ sales increase, reaching $763.6 million
- Les vins rosés sont à l’honneur au profit du réseau des BAQ (French only)
- Les produits Signature sont maintenant offerts à la SAQ Sélection du boulevard Laurier! (French only)
- Annual Report 2019: the SAQ announces net earnings of $1.146 billion
- Remise de chèque à BAQ (French only)
- La SAQ remet 763 032 $ au réseau des Banques alimentaires du Québec (French only)
- À la SAQ, du 2 au 12 mai, multiplions les efforts pour les Banques alimentaires du Québec (BAQ) (French only)
- The SAQ announces net earnings of $425.5 Million for the third quarter of its 2018-2019 fiscal year
- La SAQ se réjouit de l’annonce d’un nouveau débouché pour le verre issu de la collecte sélective (French only)
- La SAQ salue le bilan du plan Verre l’innovation (French only)
- Convention collective entre la SAQ et le Syndicat des employés de magasins et de bureaux (SEMB) : l’entente de principe a été entérinée (French only)
- Concours A.S.I. du Meilleur Sommelier du Monde 2019Concours A.S.I. du Meilleur Sommelier du Monde 2019 (French only)
- Retrait des autocollants dans les succursales de la SAQ (French only)
- Recyclage du verre : la poudre de verre reconnue comme ajout cimentaire dans la norme CSA-A3000-18 (French only)
- The SAQ records a 1% increase in net earnings in the second quarter of its 2018-2019 fiscal year
- Loi sur l'équité salariale, cadres, personnel non syndiqué et employés membres du syndicat du personnel technique et professionnel de la SAQ (French only)
- Comme un cadeau avant Noël (French only)
- Nouvelle Nouvelle succursale SAQ Sélection sur la rue de la Montagne (French only)
- Sales rise 8% for the SAQ in the first quarter of its 2018-2019 fiscal year
- Catherine Dagenais will be the SAQ's new president and chief executive officer effective June 26, 2018
- Adoption du projet de loi C-45: La dernière étape pour la légalisation du cannabis étant franchie, la Société québécoise du cannabis sera prête (French only)
- The Société des alcools du Québec announces net earnings of $1.114 billion for its 2017-2018 fiscal year
- Adoption du projet de loi no 157 : La SAQ se prépare pour la mise en place de la Société québécoise du cannabis (French only)
- La SAQ remet plus d’un million de dollars au réseau des Banques alimentaires du Québec (French only)
- The SAQ secures cannabis supplies for the future société québécoise du cannabis
- La SAQ et Vignes en ville un mariage de cœur et de raison (French only)
- Remise de 150 000 $ au réseau des Banques alimentaires du Québec (French only)
- The SAQ announces net earnings of $412.9 million for the third quarter of its 2017-2018 fiscal year
- Le Québec Royal élu cocktail du Québec (French only)
- Distribution of cannabis by an SAQ subsidiary
- Sales rise 1.7 % at the SAQ in the second quarter of its 2017-2018 fiscal year
- Créons le cocktail du Québec (French only)
- Sales rise 1.2% for the SAQ in the first quarter of its 2017-2018 fiscal year
- Déménagement du siège social de la SAQ (French only)
- Profit increases 1.8% in fiscal 2016-2017
- Le nouveau magazine SAQ, c’est «Le goût de partager»! (French only)
- Rappel d’un lot du Dry Gin Bombay Sapphire (French only)
- À propos de la SAQ Signature de Montréal (French only)
- La SAQ annonce la distribution d’un demi-million de cocos! (French only)