Black pudding with apples
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
12 pearl onions
10 ml (2 tsp.) butter
20 ml (4 tsp.) vegetable oil
2 apples, Royal Gala
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) grated nutmeg
100 ml (7 tbsp.) 35% cooking cream
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
875 g (1 3/4 lb.) black pudding (or black sausage), pure pork and handmade (if possible)
- Bring some water to a boil in a cooking pot.
- Add the onions.
- Cook over high heat, boiling for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Peel the onions. In a saucepan, heat 10 ml (2 tsp.) butter and 20 ml (4 tsp.) oil over high heat.
- Cook the small onions for about 2 minutes until nicely browned. Set aside.
- Peel the apples and remove the cores.
- Cut them into 12 wedges.
- In a frying pan, heat 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter over high heat.
- Shake the pan so the butter melts quickly without browning.
- Once the butter foams, add the apple wedges.
- Brown, stirring very slightly for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes until the apples are nicely browned but still firm.
- Add the nutmeg and sauté constantly away from the heat for 15 seconds.
- Add the cream and sauté for 30 seconds. Set aside and keep warm.
- In another frying pan, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter and 15 ml (1 tbsp.) oil over medium heat.
- With a fork, pierce the pudding to prevent any bursting while cooking.
- Brown the pudding and reduce the heat.
- Cook slowly for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the pudding on plates and garnish with apples.
- Serve the pudding with mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.