Beef and mushroom skewers
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
20 g (0.7 oz.) mixed wild mushrooms, dried
600 g (1 1/3 lb.) ground beef
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Portobello mushrooms, chopped
3 green onions, minced
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, minced
10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic flower
1 egg, whisked
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup) homemade or store-bought tzatziki
- In a bowl containing 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of warm water, soak mushrooms for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix meat, Portobello mushrooms, green onions, half the basil, garlic flower and egg.
- Season generously and set aside.
- Add 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of mushroom water to the meat.
- Drain wild mushrooms and chop them up.
- Add to the meat mixture. Mix well and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Form a cylinder of meat around 2 skewers.
- Place skewers on hot grill and reduce heat.
- Cook for 8 minutes, making sure to rotate a few times.
- In a bowl, mix tzatziki and the rest of the basil. Add pepper.
- Serve beef skewers with the sauce and seasenal veggies.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.