Beef Kefta Brochettes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
454 g (1 lb) medium ground beef
4 green onions, finely chopped
5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
5 mL (1 tsp) ground allspice
60 mL (1/4 cup) finely chopped parsley
7.5 mL (1 ½ tsp) salt
5 mL (1 tsp) pepper
125 mL (1/2 cup) parsley leaves
125 mL (1/2 cup) cilantro leaves
125 mL (1/2 cup) basil leaves
125 mL (1/2 cup) pitted green olives
125 mL (1/2 cup) olive oil
30 mL (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
30 mL (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the kefta ingredients, cover and let stand in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and form each into a sausage shape.
- Insert a skewer through the centre of the meat and squeeze it around the skewer.
- Cook the brochettes for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
To cook in a skillet
- Lightly flatten the meat.
- Heat a bit of oil over medium heat and cook 5 minutes per side.
- In a food processor or with a knife, finely chop the herbs and olives.
- Add the oil, vinegar and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.