Beef burger with cheddar and bacon
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
750 g (1 1/2 lb.) lean ground beef
1 egg, beaten
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of Montreal Steak Spice
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) old cheddar, grated
6 to 8 slices of smoked bacon, finely minced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) breadcrumbs
8 green onions, trimmed (leave whole)
4 Kaiser buns, halved
Garnishes of your choice (pickles, tomatoes, Dijon mustard, etc.)
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl (keeping some cheese for later) and make 4 equal patties.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Place the patties and green onions on hot grill. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- A minute before everything is fully cooked, divide the remaining cheese into 4 portions and place on top of each meat patty.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Garnish each bun with a leaf of lettuce and then finish with a patty, grilled green onions and your favourite toppings.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.