Asian spicy pork burger
12 to 14 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
600 g (1 1/4 lb.) lean ground pork
25 ml (5 tsp.) fresh ginger, finely chopped
20 ml (4 tsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) creamy peanut butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) dark soy sauce
10 ml (2 tsp.) sambal oelek
125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
5 ml (1 tsp.) sambal oelek
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
10 ml (2 tsp.) sweet chili sauce
5 ml (1 tsp.) toasted sesame oil
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp.) sesame seeds, toasted
4 poppy seed kaiser rolls
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or to maximum heat.
- In a bowl, mix together all the patty ingredients until combined.
- Shape the patties and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill the patties, covered, for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until well done.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix together the cabbage, chili sauce, sesame oil, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Set aside.
- During the last minute of cooking, lightly grill the rolls.
- Spread some sauce on both interior sides of the rolls.
- Place the patties on the bottom half of the rolls. Garnish with the cabbage mixture and close the rolls.
- Serve immediately with a mango salad.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.