Baked Camembert with Apple and Honey
4 to 6
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 Quebec Camembert, 300–400 g (10–14 oz), not too ripe
1 Cortland apple* 80 mL (1/3 cup) honey
15 mL (1 tbsp) thyme leaves
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) fleur de sel
5 mL (1 tsp) freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Julienne the apple and put the strips in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the honey and thyme leaves to a boil. Let boil for one minute. Pour over the apple pieces. Set aside.
- Place the Camembert in an ovenproof rimmed serving dish. Prick the top of the cheese in three places with the tip of a knife and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle the apple mixture over the cheese and season with fleur de sel and pepper. Serve with a baguette.
*The apple can be replaced by a pear. Variations: The thyme can be replaced by rosemary, orange zest, lemon zest, or crushed red peppers.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.