Crepes with apple and cheddar
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
1 pinch of salt
300 ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
425 ml (1 3/4 cups) flour
5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
45 ml (3 tbsp.) melted butter or vegetable oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
2 apples, peeled, core removed and thinly sliced
250 ml (1 cup) strong cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300 °F).
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and milk.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- Add the melted butter. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve if needed.
- If the mix becomes too thick, add a bit of milk.
- In a crepe pan, pour a bit of oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add about 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of the crepe mix.
- Tilt the pan to cover the whole surface.
- Brown both sides. Set aside.
- Repeat the same procedure to use all of the crepe mix.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and brown the apples lightly. Set aside.
- Spread the crepes out on a countertop.
- Place some of the apple and cheeseon each crepe.
- Roll and fold the ends inward. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the crepes with a dash of maple syrup.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.