Farfalle with grilled peppers, basil and feta
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
1 package, 454 g (1 lb.), of farfalle
1 large French shallot, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) Italian tomatoes, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
180 ml (3/4 cup) kalamata olives, pitted
250 ml (1 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Spread the peppers out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Coat the peppers well with half of the olive oil.
- Cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and place the peppers in a plastic bag.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and cut them into 2.5 cm (1 in.) dice. Set aside.
- Cook the farfalle following the directions on the package. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the rest of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, pasta and olives.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Add grilled peppers and feta cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Divide between plates and garnish with the basil.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.