Filet mignon with peppercorn sauce
6 to 7 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) 4-peppercorn blend (black, white, pink, green)
1 large French shallot, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
60 ml (1/4 cup) cognac or brandy
300 ml (1 1/4 cup) demi-glace (or 600 ml [2 1/2 cups]) veal stock, reduced by half
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
4 beef tenderloins, about 150 g (5 oz.) each
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 80°C (180°F).
- Place the 4-pepper blend in a skillet on a work surface.
- Using the bottom of a saucepan, crush the peppercorns until they’re coarsely ground.
- In a saucepan, mix together the pepper, shallot, garlic and white wine.
- Reduce over medium-high heat until almost no liquid is left.
- Add the cognac or brandy and flambé.
- Add the demi-glace and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and stir. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter foams, sear the meat on both sides.
- Reduce the heat and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare.
- Remove from the heat and let rest in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the tenderloins on serving plates. Top with sauce.
- Serve with hash brown potatoes and steamed vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.