French bistro style veal liver
4 à 5 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 slices of veal liver, about 200 g (7 oz.) each, about 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
1 French shallot finely chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) raspberry vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) parsley chopped
- Season the liver with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Flour 2 slices of liver.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Keep warm.
- Repeat the same steps with the 2 other slices.
- Remove the excess fat (keep a small quantity). Brown the shallot for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Deglaze with raspberry vinegar.
- Let reduce until almost no liquid remains.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Top the slices of veal liver with this preparation.
- Serve immediately with french fries and green beans.
For medium-rare, it is essential that the slices of liver are thick enough. Ask your butcher for nice, thick slices; most pre-packaged slices are too thin.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.