Chinese fondue for two
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
2 grey shallots chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
250 ml (1 cup) red wine
750 ml (3 cups) homemade or store-bought beef stock
1 bay leaf
5 ml (1 tsp.) dried oregano
15 ml (1 tbsp.) tomato paste
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Deglaze with the wine and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour into a fondue dish and cook the ingredients of your choice.
- Fondue meat (chicken, beef, pork, horse, game)
- Seafood (shrimps, scallops, firm-fleshed fish),
- Vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini)
- Rice, potato gratin or pasta salad
- Pepper and Parmesan
- Plain yogurt
- Mayonnaise, curry and honey
- Tzatziki and chopped coriander
- Dijon mustard and maple syrup
To create the best food and wine pairing, choose a wine according to the meat served: a more robust wine with the tastiest meat and game; a lighter wine with white meat and fish.
Make sure to handle raw meat with care; it should never come into contact with cooked meat.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.