Barbecued Coconut-Curry Corn on the Cob
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
8 ears of corn
250 mL (1 cup) grated sweetened toasted coconut
5 mL (1 tsp) curry powder
Zest of 1 lime
10 mL (2 tsp) salt
80 mL (1/3 cup) (or more, if desired) softened butter
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, curry powder, lime zest and salt.
- Set aside.
- Do not shuck the corn, but cut off any silk at the open end of the cobs.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the (unpeeled) cobs for 10 minutes.
- Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Cool and drain.
- Peel the leaves back without detaching them from the base (as if peeling a banana).
- Gather the leaves beneath each cob and tie them together with string.
- This becomes a handle for the corn.
- Preheat the barbecue to high and grill the corn on all sides.
- Just before serving, coat the corn with butter and sprinkle with the coconut mixture.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.